Since its inception in 2000 (and end in 2006), Gilmore Girls quickly became a firm favourite worldwide. Its quick success came as no surprise given the show’s light hearted humor, witty and fast-paced vocabulary, romantic-esque setting, and endearing (sometimes maddening) characters.
Set in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, this free-spirited drama ticked all the right boxes with its engaging content, and particularly, its sassy leading ladies, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.
But while you may know all of this already, there are a few saucy facts about Gilmore Girls that you might not have known:
- Liza Weil (Paris) auditioned to play the role of Rory
- Alexis Bledel (Rory) had never acted a day on her life before starring in Gilmore Girls
- The series’ score was composed by Grammy award-winner, Sam Phillips
- The final season had a different producer to the first six. The original producers, Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, could not reach an agreement with the studio (The CW network
- Comedian Alex Bornstein was the first pick to play Sookie, but she turned down the role due to other commitments
Inspired to play a slot that will make you feel equally warm and squishy inside? Then try out the Bridesmaids™ video slot today.